The Queensland Greens say that it is time that Department of Environment and Resource Management (DERM) took legal action against the Gladstone Ports Corporation [GPC].
"They deserve to be fined," Queensland Greens state spokesperson Libby Connors said today.
The Queensland Greens Rural and Regional Election Spokesperson and Candidate for Whitsunday, Jonathon Dykyj will be kicking off his campaign by riding a bicycle nearly 200kms over two days through the electorate of Whitsunday from Mackay to Airlie Beach.
Not only is he doing this as part of the build up to the official election campaign, but he is also doing this to raise awareness of Greens policies and of key issues like: the condition and usage of the Bruce Highway; alternative transport – rail for freight and passengers, public transport, cycling, carpooling; a clean energy economy and a reduced dependence on fossil fuels; health and healthy lifestyle.
Please attend his departure and follow it up by seeing him complete this challenge.
- WHO: Queensland Greens Rural and Regional Election Spokesperson and Candidate for Whitsunday Jonathon Dykyj and fellow Greens’ member Peter McCallum.
- WHEN: Friday, January 27, 2012, 8.30am. Departing soon after.
- Departs: Mackay Community Gardens, Old Hospital Bridge carpark.
- Arrival: Anticipated Saturday morning, January 28 at around 11.00am. (There will be a stop overnight.)
- WHERE: The Airlie Beach Markets.
- FOLLOW: Facebook. Search: jonathon-dykyj-greens-whitsunday
Upon the announcement of the election, the Queensland Greens are reminding voters that they need not feel condemned to make a choice between the unpopular incumbent government and the old National Party.